Sunday 28 April 2013

Ash Hamman's Interview with New Era



We got in touch with Ash, one of our brand ambassadors and ask him a few questions about his love for music and New Era: 

1. What got you into musics? Who was your inspiration?


Music has always been a part of my life, even before i was conceived. Both of my parents were lovers of music and my dad especially loved singing and dancing. So I was pretty much born into it. I remember my father making me perform almost every night to a Michael Jackson song or a James Brown record. Neighbors would come watch and I would have to replicate step for step and note for note. It was fun. Really, I am inspired by my environment, circumstances, the world, people, lifestyle, music and of course I do have people I listen to and I looked up to; like Lenny Lewis, MJ, James Brown, Luther Vandross and the list goes on. As we all know, music just keeps recreating itself so the inspiration is a never ending cycle.

2. Explain to us your style?

R&B, soulful, edgy, emotional and fun.

3. How old where you when you brought your first New Era cap?

I can't really remember, but let's say about 13 and I'm still rocking New Era hats even now years and years after. It's more of a lifestyle.

4. Why style and team do you wear?

My style is preppy, fresh and sexy; a bit hip hop and just fly. I like the Yankees, because I lived in New York, but I still rock anything else as long as it feels good.

5. Why New Era?

For me it's a lifestyle and it just looks good. I like New Era.
Its always a new era from 19 20 till tomorrow. They still in style. 

Like Ash on Facebook

About ASH:

Abdul Sammir Hamman, Better known as Ash to his friends is one of those rare artists that appeals to all ages, genres and tastes. He treads the fine line between cutting-edge verve and all encompassing appeal, embracing pop and hip-hop whilst retaining his R&B roots. With an astonishing voice far belying his tender years and an impeccable ear for melody. The Nigerian born singer, songwriter, dancer and entrepreneur raised in the UK and US is bringing fresh air to the Dubai music scene. As C.E.O and president of Immaqul’8 Entertainment (pronounced immaculate), he came to the attention of the music scene back in 2003 with the Booker T revamp of his club smash Bounce 2 This, which reached top 20 in the national charts whilst retaining the number 1 spot on the UK Garage and Club.

Ash performed live at the Miss World beauty pagent Contest at the grand final at London's Alexander Palace, flanked by celebrities, the international media, with over a worldwide viewing audience of 700 million people!

In simple words Ash is a fountain of talent, a true star, with tremendous performing abilities. With Ash, there is bound to be a Revolution. Stay awake, stay tuned, its Immaqul’8, Ash.

Ash New Era loves you - you rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment