Wednesday 2 January 2013

Chris Brown talks New Era cap design



Chris Brown has a new line of caps out, and he gave an interview, talking about the design process and how it all came about.

Can you tell us about your collection of New Era caps?

Yeah, I was doing six individual hats, where they got me to personally design the hats. And so I got a chance to do something more for the kids and not necessarily go into “high fashion” yet. This is more for the casual back-to-school kids, the everyday person that just wants to be casual. Later on in the future, I’ll do more higher fashion stuff. This is a good opportunity to work with New Air, because I love and support their products 100%.

How much of the designing did you handle yourself?

I was, I would say 99% of the creativity. I wouldn’t say I was 100% of the creativity as far as the designs, I was 99% of it because you know you have to have a whole bunch of other workers to help your vision. I wanted to do some cool stuff for kids to start off with, some hats just to get my foot in the door because hopefully we’ll do another deal next season and have a wide array of designs and stuff for the hats.

What was the design process like for you?

I always draw all the time. Notebooks, sketchbooks, tables, walls…I just draw all the time. As far as the hats go, I had an initial design of what I wanted, and then they had another artist tweak my idea, enhance it and so that’s how we worked it up.

Check out the full interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment